incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mirroring both OOo and AOOo Fwd: [Daniel Shahaf: Opt-out from mirroring resource-intensive projects]
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 18:25:53 GMT
Hi Dave;

--- Ven 20/4/12, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> ha scritto:

> On Apr 20, 2012, at 10:14 AM, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
>
> > Pedro Giffuni wrote on Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 07:41:19
> -0700:
> >>
> >> We are specifically warning people that the older
> >> OOo releases contain security and IP risks so it
> >> would be inconsistent to carry those in Apache
> >> mirrors.
> >>
> >> So, yes, those can be dropped.
> >>

> > Thanks, I'll take that answer back to the mirror
> > operators if no one disagrees in the next few days.
>
> I think that Kay just disagreed, but only on the ooo-dev
> part of the thread.

I don't think he suggested we force mirrors to carry
old versions.

I think Kay's (and Regina's) concern will be solved once
3.3.0 finds it's way into
http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/

And of course people can always choose to carry those
older versions on their own if they want to.

Pedro.