incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice Project Twitter Account
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2012 16:09:29 GMT
On Tue, 2012-04-17 at 11:02 -0500, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> I think this provide a bit of confussion on the user end. Also I
> recognize the struggle of keeping the accounts active. Making multiple
> accounts will increase the job.
>
> The blog itself has not been updated that frequently, and I am not
> sure if this will increase as we get a release.
>
> Most of the use of the accounts on my experience is support-like
> issues. So relying on one single point of contact is also pretty bad.
>
> Having an AOO-Support and AOO-Annoucement is equally not good strategy
> in my account because people will tend to stick to the account that
> they see crossing their path. (Just because we structure one way,
> doesnt mean users will do so).
>
> One of the issues of openofficeorg accounts both on Facebook Google
> plus and twitter had been the issue of keeping the content fresh and
> also interacting as a group as opposed to an individual.
>
> I would argue to stop taking liberties on creating new accounts and
> instead take liberties on designing a good strategy to solve some of
> these basic issues that tackle these problems.
>
> So far I am not even sure how these accounts could be handle by
> infrastructure and what are the requirements. Rob mention that
> infrastructure should manage these, but I am also not sure how long
> will they take to proxy the messages specially when it comes to
> support and we get 100 inquiries a day (for example).

Hi Alexandro,

Good points - I would simply emphasize that I am not at all saying that
the apacheoo accounts should be about support - not at all.

The ApacheOO accounts (lets focus on just twitter and identi.ca) for a
moment - would be used specifically as a broadcast mechanism.

How I as envisioning it, at least.

//drew