incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Ditching our mirror system for an inferior solution?
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 12:38:29 GMT
Bit late to pretend you're trying to be helpful
here with the bits about NIH you like tossing around.

What questions are you asking again?  And what facts
are you pointing out?  Seems to me we had a working
agreementabout a month or so, settled entirely on-list,
but yesterday Peter pitches a fit and you decide NOW
is the time for complaints?  Gee if that's not kicking
sand in the faces of the people who worked out this
deal you'll have to excuse me while I figure out where
else all this unwanted sand could've come from.

>________________________________

and supplement that with sf help.  That we all agreed to this only to have sand kicked in
our faces again is merely status quo for how this project operates.

>No one is kicking sand in anyones faces - but I am asking questions and
>pointing out facts. If that is not considered acceptable practice to you
>then the problem is not with this project.
>
>//drew
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

>> > Let's be very clear about how we got here in the first place. As of the
>> > 19th of March we were told by Infra that our help was welcomed. Just like
>> > for the Extensions/Templates we committed to help, describing in detail
>> > what we planned to do, eventually getting the green light on that plan.

>> > We are used to working with projects to make sure that displayed ads don't
>> > undermine the projects' mission, and we intend to work with the PPMC if any
>> > issue with competitive ads arise.

>> > We offered help exactly in the way we were asked. It is true we have to
>> > balance the needs of our business with our desire to help the community,
>> > but it's unfair to suggest that we are not acting in the best interest of
>> > Apache OpenOffice.
>> >
>> > Roberto

>> > ====
>> > This e- mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It may
contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any
attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s)
from your system. Thank you.