incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ditching our mirror system for an inferior solution?
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 02:39:48 GMT
Hi Drew;

--- Gio 12/4/12, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> ha scritto:
> On Thu, 2012-04-12 at 21:09 -0500,
> Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> > Peter;
> >
> > it's really amazing to see level of support and general
> > service that mirrorbrain has provided historically for
> > OpenOffice.
> > We haven't said no to mirrorbrain but you do understand
> > that we just couldn't
> > turn down the extra support offered by sourceforge.
>
> Why not?

Because we just have no basis for rejecting mirrors.
Infra did ask us to contact previous mirrors so we
need them, and the more, the better.

I think you misunderstood: we really haven't voted at
all concerning mirrorbrain. and there was never any
notion of sourceforge's offer being exclusive. We will
accept all the mirrors that offer to carry us.

I do recall infra had issues concerning how to make
mirrorbrain work with the Apache mirrors but that is
a completely different issue outside the scope of the
PPMC or decisions that are taken here.

Pedro.