incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: [WWW] Australian OO site
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2012 04:47:30 GMT
On Fri, 2012-04-06 at 18:01 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 5:37 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts <luispo@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Rob,
> > I'd suggest rather than "normalizing" one simply approaches the site owner and talk:
inform them of the new order, as it were.

> It will be an easier conversation once we have a community icon, and
> guidance for these kinds of things.  Otherwise, what would we be
> asking them to do right now, if anything?
>
> But maybe it would be useful to make a list of such extended community
> promotion properties, websites as well as Facebook, Twitter, Google+,
> etc., and send them some materials once the AOO 3.4 release is
> imminent.  A press pack of sorts.  A summary of what is new in AOO
> 3.4, some screen shots, some info on the project at Apache, etc.  If
> we have a a special "download" or other community icon, we could
> include that.

Those are all good ideas IMO.

To a survey of web/service accounts, I could work on this over the next
few days, have done this before, so have the aid of starting with the
list of sites from the last time (I think it may be on the mediaWiki
still). Will use a wiki page for the results as I go, or update an
existing page (section) if someone has already started (or beats me to
the start :).

After that, it certainly wouldn't be a waste of time for someone to send
a 'howdy yall' communication, IMO. Having some material to reference in
that would make it even more so, surely.

Louis' has quite the command for copy production, Rob also, if you guys
could work on ideas for 'what about the project' together I expect it to
be quite good.

Looks like with Kevin, Michael et al here there is no reason that a
community mark shouldn't be too much work for a weeks time, even with a
3 day lazy consensus period.

We could all shoot to have something of a package together for, maybe
next weekend or 10 days perhaps.

Just my thoughts on that,

//drew