incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Nancy K <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] AOO logo rebranding...
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2012 03:10:15 GMT
I would vote for orb1 because it is a very neat and clean design.
I must say that the way that the feather logo presents the word OPEN - the smaller wings leading
the eye towards a larger set of wings and then an even larger blue word OPEN - is what I LOVE
about that logo.
Definitely a tough choice!
Good designs...and if you do not already have it, beta version of PhotoShop CS6 is a free
download until they sell it in May...just for you crafty folks.
     Nancy      Web Design
Free 24 hour pass to
Video courses on SEO, CMS,
Design and Software Courses

 From: Dennis E. Hamilton <>
Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2012 7:58 PM
Subject: RE: [PROPOSAL] AOO logo rebranding...
Ah, for the web site.  The coin drops.

Yes, definitely orb1 for me too.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir []
Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2012 18:57

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 12:02 PM, Kay Schenk <> wrote:

> We're getting very close to a 3.4 launch, and the time has come to move
> forward with a logo rebranidng for at least the user portal  web site,
>, and possibly the project web site as well,
> Quite a number of logo variations have been proposed for uses within
> OpenOffice, both internal to the program and other uses, page sidebars,
> Forum header, etc.
> The most recent discussion can be found at the following thread:
> a conversation started by Rob on March 15.
> You will note that one of  the outcomes of this discussion was the desire
> that a new logo NOT include the word "incubating" in the logo.
> What I think we need to focus on now, and get Lazy Consensus on, is a new
> logo for the upcoming release, 3.4. Internally, we've already started
> calling "Apache OpenOffice", and we need to move forward to
> complete this re-branding to the public.
> I've put 3 "web header" logos in...
> * AOO_orb1_logo_webSite.jpg<
> * AOO_orb2_logo_webSite.jpg<
> * AOOfeather_logo_webSite.png<
> Please respond to this e-mail by selecting your favorite from these 3.

So hard to pick.  These are all good choices.  But I think
AOO_orb1_logo_webSite.jpg is the best choice for the website.

(My second choice would have been AOOfeather_logo_webSite.png.  I really
like that as well, but considering the wide range of languages spoken in
the larger user community, a logo that has the extra text slogan would be
less universal.)