incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Mirroring both OOo and AOOo Fwd: [Daniel Shahaf: Opt-out from mirroring resource-intensive projects]
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 21:58:31 GMT

On Apr 20, 2012, at 2:45 PM, Daniel Shahaf wrote:

> KS@apache.org wrote on Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 14:38:34 -0700:
>> I'm assuming by  Pedro's remark that if 3.3.0 is ported to Apache
>> archives, security patches will have been applied -- i.e. THAT version
>> rebuilt with security, right?
>
> "Rebuilt" kind of defeats the purpose of archives..

I'd expect it to just be the current archive as well.

Adding the need to have every 3.3 patched is an unnecessary prerequisite to mirroring 3.3
in the archives.

Instead writing scripts and instructions enabling users to apply the current security patch
on Linux is a separate task for another thread.

Regards,
Dave