incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject RE: [www][DISCUSS]"Planet" AOO?
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2012 21:27:07 GMT

Inspired by your question, I figured out how to hook up a feed to the Planet Apache committers
planet.  (And I cross paths with Ted Leung in one more way.)  See <>
and checkout <> for everything.  (Committer
SVN login required to make commits to this folder.)

It appears that there can be multiple planets in the Apache orbit (there are two at the moment).
 I suppose another could be requested.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: RGB ES []
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2012 07:20
Subject: [www][DISCUSS]"Planet" AOO?

Something to think about without hurry, maybe after 3.4 release: to
create a "planet" to aggregate blogs and other content generated by
commiters and other volunteers.

AOO blog is perfect for news about the project, but IMHO a planet like
sub-site to see on one place what contributors do will give a more
dynamic image to the project.

I must admit I have no idea how such sites are created but almost all
FOSS projects have one.

Also, we need to considering our multilingual user base providing a
way to follow specific languages.

View raw message