incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [www][DISCUSS]"Planet" AOO?
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2012 20:24:37 GMT
+1

(plus the correct URL of a blog that I would put in the planet once the blog is running again
is <http://nfoWorks.org/diary/>.  Meanwhile I will use your tip about WordPress categories/tags
and their feeds.

-----Original Message-----
From: RGB ES [mailto:rgb.mldc@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2012 11:33
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [www][DISCUSS]"Planet" AOO?

El día 8 de abril de 2012 20:09, Kevin Sisco
<kevinsisco61784@gmail.com> escribió:
> I personally like this idea.  My problem is that so much time would go
> into translating for other languages.  Everything else needs to be
> translated and translating a "blog ring" would take up time that
> should be set aside working on the sight, the project, etc.

I don't think blogs needs to be translated. Just let each contributor
write on their own language and give the users a way to filter those
languages. A planet is not an official "newsgroup" but a way to gather
personal views from the people involved on the project. If there is a
volunteer that translate the "best blogs from this week" then better,
but it is not necessary, I think.

Regards
Ricardo