incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [www][DISCUSS]"Planet" AOO?
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2012 18:23:06 GMT
That's good to know.  I haven't figured out how to do category-specific feeds it with my Movable
Type blogs.  When I used Blogger, it didn't have separate category feeds, as far as I recall.

I have <http://orcmid.wordpress.com> and I see that the URL template works to feed by
category.

It will be odd to do there, but I can try it easily until I get more blogs on MT and doing
exactly what I want.  (This one I would aggregate wholesale: <http://nfoWorks.com/diary/>.

Thanks for the tip,

 - Dennis

(I was also creating tags without realizing that tags in Wordpress create categories rather
than only create terms for searching and aggregating in tag-oriented services like de.licio.us.
 Now that I know that, I will do things differently.)

-----Original Message-----
From: RGB ES [mailto:rgb.mldc@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2012 10:09
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org; dennis.hamilton@acm.org
Subject: Re: [www][DISCUSS]"Planet" AOO?

El día 8 de abril de 2012 18:50, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> escribió:
> There is a Planet Apache: <http://planet.apache.org/>.
>
> The tricky part is selective aggregation.  A contributor/committer either needs a dedicated
separate blog to use with the Planet or else there needs to be a way to provide a selective
RSS feed for a category of posts that are on-topic for the Planet.

At least with wordpress you can use

http://<yourblog>.wordpress.com/tag/<theTag>/feed/

to obtain a feed for a particular tag. Not sure if this is possible
with blogger or other sites.

Regards
Ricardo