incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Gusaas <larry.gus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: And idea for OOo
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 20:49:08 GMT

On 2012-03-30 11:50 AM  Rob Weir wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 1:37 PM, Larry Gusaas<larry.gusaas@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On 2012-03-30 8:00 AM  Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>>> #1 is easy, and in fact is already done, via extensions.  For example,
>>> this
>>> extension allows the user to save/retrieve documents to a variety of cloud
>>> storage providers, including Amazon, DropBox, Google, SkyDrive, etc:
>>>
>>> http://extensions.services.**openoffice.org/en/project/**MultiCloud<http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/MultiCloud>
>>>
>> It is not already done.That extension is Windows only.
>>

> I don't see any technical reason why one could not code the same thing on
> other platforms.  Do you?

I 'm not a developer so I don't know. In the comments section of the link you posted there
are
requests for Mac and Linux versions going back to two years ago. The developer of the extension

has not done so, nor have they responded to the suggestion.

As I said, contrary to your initial statement "#1 is easy, and in fact is already done, via

extensions" , this is not done.

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada