incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Gusaas <larry.gus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clarifying facts
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 05:23:17 GMT

On 2012-03-13 10:43 PM  Rob Weir wrote:
> I disagree entirely.  Simon was the one apply the blunt instrument
> here.  He started the day by posting on Google+:
>
> "Since there is no currently maintained version of OpenOffice.org
> following Oracle disbanding the team, and since the new Apache
> OpenOffice hasn't shipped, defaulting to LibreOffice is the only
> responsible thing to do at the moment."

Link please. I couldn't find it.

> I called FUD on him and responded with a list of  of assertions about
> OpenOffice and challenged me to find deny any of them.  I denied the
> bait.

Link please.

> He them brought this list to ooo-dev,posted them and demanded
> answers and was kindly told that no one was interested in debating
> this. No one took the bait.

Do you mean his post starting the thread "Clarifying facts"? If so, none
  of the points he listed are false. He did not demand answers.

>   So he then decided to put this into an
> official-looking FAQ form and answer his own questions with his own
> answers.  This all to back up a petty FUD on Google+ from earlier in
> the day.

  Several people, except for you, carried on a reasonable discussion which led to a
  useful wiki article until you messed it up with your verbose rewrite.

> This was not a honest attempt at collaboration.  It was just a tirade
> from Simon, spread over three sites/lists.  I'm sorry if you can't see
> that.

Are you referring to the same discussion I read? The only tirade I see is from you. Why don't
you carry out your personal vendetta against Simon elsewhere instead of continually alienating
people here.

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada