incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Gusaas <larry.gus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Implementation of genitive case of month names (posessive context)
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 23:48:23 GMT

On 2012-03-13 3:33 PM  Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Larry Gusaas<larry.gusaas@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> None of which answer my question. "Shouldn't the release be "Apache
>> OpenOffice 3.4"?
>>
>> The wiki page
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Current+Status+FAQ
>> states:
>> "Future releases from the OpenOffice.org domain will be called "Apache
>> OpenOffice"." and"
>> "Once Apache OpenOffice v3.4 is released, the project recommends you replace
>> your OpenOffice.org installation with it."
>>
> That wiki is just Simon having a spirited conversation with himself.
> I would not use it for anything more than a source of entertainment.
> On a slow day,

Your constant snide remarks are insulting. Their were many useful comments on his contributions

in the thread he started. Yours aren't.

>> However the developer snapshots still install as  "OpenOffice.org".
>>
>> So which name will the release version use? Is that clearer so you can
>> understand the question?
>>
> Actually that would have been a simpler question to ask.  What you
> actually did is interject into a thread about calendar localization
> and when I wrote "We are in our final weeks of testing and bug fixing
> for our OpenOffice 3.4 release" you started asking questions about why
> I had not said "Apache OpenOffice 3.4". I hope you can see how that
> was not a very good way of raising a new, entirely unrelated subject
> in an exiting thread.

Blah blah blah.

> In any case, in the latest dev snapshots the about box says "Apache
> OpenOffice".  There may be places where the changes has not yet been
> made, in the code and on the website.

Quit avoiding the question. I said "However the developer snapshots still install as
"OpenOffice.org"."

In my Applications folder it is listed as "OpenOffice.org.app". When I'm using it the menu
bar
says OpenOffice.org.

I thought the discussion several months ago decided on Apache OpenOffice for both the project

and application. If that is correct, when are you going to change the name of the application?

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com