incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Gusaas <larry.gus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [EXTENSIONS][RELEASE] (was RE: Calling all volunteers: It is time to test)
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 03:24:38 GMT
On 2012-03-05 8:17 PM  Rob Weir wrote:
> As I said before, the point was that requiring users to reinstall
> extensions is not unreasonable.   It is certainly better than what you
> are recommending, that users must reinstall extensions but then they
> also lose every other setting and preference they had in their profile
> as well,

Actually, since a corrupted profile is the largest cause of problems for users of OOo and
the
cure is a new profile, it would be far safer for a major update like AOO 3.4 to use a
completely new profile. This approach is recommended by many of the people giving support
for
OOo. (I've never done that myself, although I have had to replace a corrupted profile.)

Since talking to you is pointless, I'll let you have the last word when you respond to this

post. My points have been made and are clear to any reasonable person.

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com