incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Gusaas <larry.gus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [EXTENSIONS][RELEASE] (was RE: Calling all volunteers: It is time to test)
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 21:25:27 GMT

On 2012-03-05 2:29 PM  Rob Weir wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Larry Gusaas<larry.gusaas@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 2012-03-05 1:44 PM  Rob Weir wrote:
>>> Again, your opinion carries as far as your willingness to code an
>>> alternative install approach.
>> Are you saying that unless one is willing to provide code there is no point
>> in making suggestions? I am getting sick of this insulting attitude that is
>> way too prevalent in open source communities.
>>
> I didn't say no point.  But repeating the same suggestion over and
> over and over and over again, with no code is rather pointless.

Discussing an issue about the upcoming release is not making the same suggestion repeatedly.

Again your "with no code" comment is condescending and insulting.

>> Do you want suggestions from anyone other than developers? If so, change
>> your attitude.
>>
> Personally, I want bug reports more than suggestions right now.  But
> code that fixes bugs is golden.

In other words you don't want any suggestions that are contrary to your opinion

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com