incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: Clarifying facts
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 02:17:32 GMT

On 14 Mar 2012, at 02:08, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 9:03 PM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:

a good FAQ starts small and is dynamic, changing with the questions that are current in the
project. I see no reason to assume it will take weeks of delay to have a stable set of questions
and answers that can then form the core of future activity.

>>> With 22 of 33 revisions coming from you, I assume it would meet with
>>> your satisfaction.  But if you are happy with it now, maybe take a
>>> break and let someone else get in and edit?
>>
>> First you complain I do nothing, now you're unhappy I do too much. Impossible to
please :-)

>> Seriously though, getting a page started in a wiki in public is like that; you don't
perfect it offline, you hack it online and every "save" looks like a revision to the outsider.
It's quiesced now, knock yourself out.

> So Simon, why after 4 hours of editing and 22 revisions, and you
> saying that I could edit, why am I now finding myself locked out
> because you are editing again?

Actually I am not as you have the file locked for edit, so I cancelled my attempt to fix some
bugs I saw. I'll do it later.

But I was going to, yes. Contribution is good, and I am getting weary of your discouragement.

S.