incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Pöml <pe...@poeml.de>
Subject Re: Broken link on download page
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 22:36:15 GMT
Hi,

Am 19.03.2012 um 23:22 schrieb Marcus (OOo):
> Am 03/19/2012 10:42 PM, schrieb Kurt Underhay:
>
> Hi Kurt,
>
>> Thanks for the reply and the info.  Given that it's a known situation,
>> wouldn't it be possible to come up with a more palatable and
>> user-friendly solution than a 404? 404s don't generally leave a good
>
> Oh, right. This was due to giving up the previous download service. It was hosted by
Oracle. There were more details for the user than just the 404 message. I'll see if this could
be put back again.

>> impression. Maybe something like disabling the download link for this
>> combination, or even better, directing to a page that gives a short
>> explanation along the lines of what you've just described. Why not take
>
> Due to the method the download is working, this is not an option. It's not possible to
differentiate wJRE and nonJRE builds for different languages.

This is plaguing us since years (resulting in user reports on a daily basis), and I often
thought it could be fixed on the server side. I did that now; all files containing install-wJRE
are now delivered in place of files that lack the wJRE part in their name, provided the wJRE
file exists while the non-wJRE file doesn't. Fixed this way, it works both with mirrors and
the server, and avoids changes in the tree.

for dst in **/*_install-wJRE_*; do src=${dst/-wJRE/}; [ -f $dst ] && [ -f $src ] ||
echo "RewriteRule ^.*$src files/$dst [R,L]"; done >>|/etc/apache2/vhosts.d/openoffice.mirrorbrain.org.conf

Peter