incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schmidt <joe...@j-m-schmidt.de>
Subject Re: press announcement for AOO 3.4
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 23:28:02 GMT
Hello,

 Rob Weir wrote:
> > question:
> > Is it possible to "Apache Public Relations Committee" a
> draft of a German press release to be transmitted so that
> confirms this?
> >

> You say press release, but who do you think is issuing the press
> release? What entity?

"Apache OpenOffice" (or 'incubator AOO'), but there must also be a national entity for national
or local press releases.

> Are you talking about a real press release that
> goes out via a wire service?

No.

> Or just an something on our website that
> says "Press Release" on it?

Not only. I also mean e.g. press releases in the form of Emails.

> Also, the purpose of the review and approval is not to fine tune your
> German grammar. But Apache does have an interest in making sure that
> trademarks are used correctly and that required podling disclaimers
> are included, etc.

Yes, this ist also reasonable.

> And most of all, Press@ is here to help.  They have expertise and
> contacts that can help us get out our message.

And what can the german AOO-community do? Can we send drafts of press releases to Press@...
to discuss it?

> > And for e.g. Germany, Austria, Switzerland, we need
> german-language press releases.
> >

> When we release AOO 3.4 it will be on many more languages.  We'll need
> to coordinate the press activities.

Yes, clear.
But what about national issues, e.g. the future of (OOo) / AOO in the Munich city council?
You know the LiMux project:
  http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/LiMux

> I don't see a problem with that.

I see a problem if for month users being not informed enough and (OOo)/AOO constantly users
loses. You not?

And I see a problem if it is for beginners so difficult to understand the workings of Apache.
Many of us who are not developers want to work for the success of AOO, but do not always understand
ways of working.

> This is the challenge in all
> languages, right?

This special press message, yes, but not all.

greetings
Jörg