incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: GSoC 2012 is coming
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:42:56 GMT
Hi,

Le 19 mars 12 à 18:12, Rob Weir a écrit :

> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 6:28 AM, eric b <eric.bachard@free.fr> wrote:
>> Hi Rob,
>>
>> Le 16 mars 12 à 23:01, Rob Weir a écrit :

>>> It looks like Apache was accepted in GSoC 2012.:
>>>
>>> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2012/apache
>>>
>>> Is anyone entering any proposals?
>>

>> I just proposed to become a mentor for Apache. Waiting for the
>> answer  :-)
>>
>> If accepted, I'll propose several subjects.
>>

> It is a good idea to get your ideas listed ASAP.

Ok, then I'll do.

> Students are already browsing and asking questions.  I'm already
> talking to two students about one of my ODF Toolkit ideas.

Yes, they are fast  ;-)

> The proposal needs to get into JIRA and labeled "gsoc2012"  and
> "mentor" if you are mentoring it. See what I have here:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODFTOOLKIT-308

Reading, thanks.

> Since our project doesn't use JIRA, you would could add to the
> Community Development JIRA.

Sorry, I'm not sure I got what you mean  :-/

What shall I do ?

> The steps that were mailed out for signing up as a mentor are:
>
> ================
>
> If you are planning to mentor a student for this year's Google Summer
> of Code for a ASF project, please follow the following steps:
>
> 1) Sign-in/Register and obtain your Melange link_id from GSOC website
> [1].  If you have previously registered you can find your link_id
> under "My Profile". If this is your first time,  you will have to
> first register and link your google account and obtain a link_id.

Done, got one since 2006.

If accepted could be something like my 5th participation as GSoC
mentor  :-)

> 2) As a mandatory pre-requisite make sure your Apache ID and
> Melange link_id are mapped in [2]

After a quick check, It isn't.

What is the process to make it happen ? (shall I commit something ?)

> link for the same is [3]

"You have already applied to be a mentor for this organization"

> Please don't do anything else yet, especially don't rate applications

I won't.

Thanks for all the information.

Eric

--