incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [MIGRATION] Shut down on remaining Oracle web resources
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 16:08:43 GMT
On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 11:33 AM, Roberto Galoppini <rgaloppini@geek.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 10:09 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

<snip>

>> Sure..   What do you want me to add to that post?  Are there some
>> specific instructions?
>>
>> -Rob
>

> We might instruct users that to convert their accounts they just need
> to enter their openoffice.org username and password and ask them to
> read the messages shown. If they do not remember the password, the
> link "Request new password" pages
> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/user
> http://templates.services.openoffice.org/user
> allows them to receive a link to change e-mail address and password
> (note that the two websites use different logins).
>
> Note that the "request new password" will work until the
> @openoffice.org alias will be active.
> Last but not least, the possibility to use the old password will work
> until the Oracle authentication server is operational.
>
> VERY IMPORTANT: Consider that both kiling the alias forwarding and
> shutting down the Oracle authentication server will prevent users to
> login. I hope we can keep alive at least one of those services at
> least until we'll get from Oracle all necessary information to migrate
> users.

OK.  I updated the blog post here:
https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/retirement_of_openoffice_org_email

But note that there is no guarantee that the announcement list reaches
all of those people who have accounts on the extensions or templates
website.

Is there another list that can be used to contact them?  Or is it
possible to extract the names of the extension/template owners from
the DB and send them an administrative note about the migration?

Do you have any metrics on what % of accounts have converted?

-Rob