incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BUILD]: propose next developer snapshot based on revision 1299571
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 16:06:21 GMT
On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 4:48 AM, J├╝rgen Schmidt
<jogischmidt@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to propose that we prepare the next set of dev snapshots based
> on the revision r1299571 (same as last changed revision). It is not the
> latest working buildbot revision but I would like to include an increased
> buildid.
>
> It is still no a official RC because of the existing show stopper issues. I
> hope that we can start a second build later this week if possible.
>
> I would like to propose also that we continue to provide normal/complete
> install sets for all languages.
>
> The dev snapshot from last week was proposed to the IPMC with zero response
> so far. Not really promising and maybe somebody else has an idea what we can
> do to get some early feedback.

Maybe respond to your original note when the new dev snapshot is available.

Also, although it is not formally required, our project is so large
and complex that it might be worth coming up with a wiki page or a
document that outlines what is in our release, and what we've done to
make it.  Focus on the license and IP side of things. Imagine what
questions the IPMC might have, and addresses these in the report.

For example:

-- LICENSE and NOTICE

- How we are treating category-b code, both in build and release

- "Mere aggregation" of dictionaries, with link to the legal-discuss JIRA issue

- RAT scans

In general, something like a "reviewers guide" to help IPMC members
review the RC.

-Rob