incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [EXTENSIONS][RELEASE] (was RE: Calling all volunteers: It is time to test)
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 21:30:42 GMT
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Larry Gusaas <larry.gusaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2012-03-05 2:29 PM  Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Larry Gusaas<larry.gusaas@gmail.com>
>>  wrote:

>>> Are you saying that unless one is willing to provide code there is no
>>> point
>>> in making suggestions? I am getting sick of this insulting attitude that
>>> is
>>> way too prevalent in open source communities.
>>>
>> I didn't say no point.  But repeating the same suggestion over and
>> over and over and over again, with no code is rather pointless.
>

> Discussing an issue about the upcoming release is not making the same
> suggestion repeatedly.
>
> Again your "with no code" comment is condescending and insulting.
>

>>> Do you want suggestions from anyone other than developers? If so, change
>>> your attitude.
>>>
>> Personally, I want bug reports more than suggestions right now.  But
>> code that fixes bugs is golden.
>

> In other words you don't want any suggestions that are contrary to your
> opinion

I'll put it to you quickly simple.  If you have been paying attention
you will realize that we're discussing release blocking issues.  Those
are the only changes we're making right now.  Release blocking issues
are issues in BZ that have the 3.4 release blocking issue flag set.
You are welcome to add such an issue if you think one is lacking.  You
can suggest things until you turn blue in the face and it will not
accomplish as much as the simple act of entering an issue once in BZ.

But I remind you that the fact that extensions will need to be
reinstalled in 3.4 is something that has been well-known in this
project for nearly 6 months now.  But no one has cared to do anything
about it.  And no one has raised it as release blocking issue, not
even as of today.

-Rob