incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Distribution of Windows versions
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 13:29:27 GMT
There was a question in an earlier thread on whether we should still
support Windows 2000.  It was an open question whether we had many users on
that platform.

Here are the numbers we have, based on downloads.  Note that we can only
figure out what platform a user was on when they downloaded OpenOffice.  It
is entirely possible for someone to download from a Windows 7 machine and
then install it onto a Windows 2000 machine.  We have no easy way to
measure that.  However, that should be small compared to the number of
users who download onto the same machine they will be installing onto.

Win7   57.32%
XP       31.37%
Vista   10.07%
NT        0.76%