incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AOO Web Logos?
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2012 02:06:24 GMT
On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 12:19 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 03/30/2012 06:20 AM, drew jensen wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 2012-03-30 at 08:03 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 7:56 PM, Kay Schenk<kay.schenk@gmail.com>
>>>  wrote:

>>> The incubation requirement is that we have "(incubating)" on the *page*
>>> along with the podling disclaimer.  We're not required to have
>>> "(incubating)" in the logo.  In fact, some of us have recommended that we
>>> do not put "(incubating)" in the logo.  If we can have a "clean" logo
>>> without that, then we can use the same logo after we graduate.
>>>

>> well, all the artwork I've submitted and I've said this before, is setup
>> up with layers - just open it, hide or remove the layer named
>> 'incubating' and it's gone.

> Well I would be happy to do an actual PROPOSAL with Lazy Consensus from
> among the following 3 logos on:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/**confluence/display/OOOUSERS/**Logo+Proposals<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Logo+Proposals>
>
> * the first logo under the heading
> 1.1 Proposed banner logo for the main web site
>
> * or either of the orb-centric proposals
> 2.1 Orb Centric Proposal Logo #1,
> 2.2 Orb Centric Proposal Logo #2

I'd recommend starting a new "[Proposal]" thread if you want to seek lazy
consensus on this, so it is not buried in this thread.

> Rob, given your explanation, I'm assuming we would keep the "(incubating)"
> wording next to the logo as we have now.

As HTML text, yes.

> Re your other comments...the "Coming soon" logo does sound like a
> nice/worthwhile idea. Something we can work on soonish...

With current progress on the AOO 3.4 builds, it might be too late for a
"coming soon" logo.  We can probably go straight to the "download" or "get
it here" logo,   Drew has some examples of these on the wiki as well.