incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <>
Subject Re: [EXTENSIONS][RELEASE] (was RE: Calling all volunteers: It is time to test)
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 23:11:07 GMT
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 6:06 PM, RGB ES <> wrote:
> 2012/3/5 Rob Weir <>:
>>> +1. I think that adding an "a" on the path of both, install folder and
>>> user profile (something like ~/, or even shorter:
>>> ~/.aoo/) will prevent some problems and confusion.
>> Again, show me the bug report that has a reproducible case for AOO 3.4
>> overwriting OOo 3.3.0 profile data.  I hope you agree that the lack of
>> such a bug report makes this whole discussion rather bizarre, like
>> maybe we have too many opinionated project members chasing after too
>> few facts?
>> -Rob
> My "few facts" comes from almost a decade providing support to
> *normal* users that do not look at blogs, mailing lists, wikis... and
> just install an update when they find it. But that is my personal
> experience, it could be subjective...

I'm not saying that requiring a reinstall of extensions is a great
thing.  I'm just saying that no one yet has suggested a technical
alternative, and that complaining alone will be unlikely to change

> BTW, according to WordNet "opinionated" means "narrow minded" which I
> think is a little too much, don't you think? After all, I commented on
> this topic only once...

I would not have used that definition.  Take it as you are providing
opinions on the impact of a bug that no one has managed to actually
report to BZ.  So we have speculation rather than facts.  Let's get
the facts, OK?

> Regards
> Ricardo

View raw message