incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Competition (was: Clarifying facts)
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 00:49:17 GMT
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 8:30 PM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]

It is hard to imagine such a tool, since we both support the same
document format.  But to that point, I work happily alongside LO
developers (and KOffice and AbiWord and Gnumeric and Kalligra and
others) in developing the ODF standard, and working with them to
improve interoperability at plugfests.  In fact, we have one scheduled
next month in Brussels, April 18th and 19th.  Is it an official Apache
event or an official Apache action?  No, but it is an effort by a
group of individuals, including myself, who are interested in seeing
interop improve.

BTW, the event is hosted this time by Microsoft, and that is a great thing.

-Rob