incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Request for french-language mailing lists
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 21:36:32 GMT
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 5:33 PM, eric b <eric.bachard@free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With the legacy lists shuting down soon, I'd like to propose the creation of
> several French mailing lists.
>
> The previous one were : http://openoffice.org/projects/fr/lists
>

> users@fr.openoffice.org : 86816 messages | 570 subscribers
> discuss@fr.openoffice.org : 11522 messages | 221 subscribers

Would it be possible to start with a single list (maybe users) and see
if traffic justifies another list.  In other languages we've gone with
a single list, except for Italian which grew to 400-500 subscribers
and had a good reason to split.  The advantage to your community, of
course, is that you start off with critical mass on one list first.