incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Pootle Anonymous Privilege
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2012 01:56:31 GMT
An Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 7:46 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Mar 2, 2012, at 3:40 PM, Gavin McDonald wrote:

It is a great step forward, and we're getting quite close.

> One more question. Is the name of anonymous individual given with the suggestion? If
so then the PPMC member accepting suggestions can learn quickly who might merit committer
status.

As far as I can tell, they are just not logged in.  It isn't like they
are logged in with a pseudonym.

Unless I'm missing something, this is not going to work as-is.  We
need some way for contributors to get recognition for their
contributions, and that depends on having accurate records.

I'd also question the IP side of this.  What is to prevent someone
today from anonymously entering  thousands of LGPLed strings from
LibreOffice?   We need at least a confirmed email address and a click
through agreement, similar to what we have on wiki, BZ, etc.

-Rob