incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <>
Subject Re: [INFRA] download statistics fixed / little problem left
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 00:25:42 GMT
On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 6:03 PM, Peter Pöml <> wrote:
> Hi,
> Am 06.03.2012 um 01:51 schrieb Dave Fisher:
>> On Mar 5, 2012, at 2:49 PM, Peter Pöml wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> with some maintenance updates I did on, I recently
broke the download statistics (
I fixed them a few days ago. The web page doesn't update anymore, though, since the 20th of
February. That was the day when I broke the generation of the underlying download counting.
>> The 20th of February, 2011 was about when the change was made to Kenai.
> Ah, interesting coincidence! So maybe the statistics are not processed since then, anyway.
>>> I suppose that we don't mind to continue couting :-) and the underlying data
generation is fixed now. But who is in the position to get the page to be updated again?
>> Where and how do you generate the statistics.
> Right on the download server ( Once a day, a script
analyzes the logs and prunes it from requests that occur repeatedly (download accelerators).
It is maintained at The numbers can
be requested in this form:
> or monthly. The best time
to pull the data is at 1 a.m. GMT+1.

Right now these URLs are not responding for me.  No error, just no response.

>>> I know there's a daily cronjob which pulls the download counts in CSV format
from, but I am not sure who installed that and/or who has
access to the web server where the stats are hosted.
>> I bet this is long gone. However there are other tools available. I think that the
preferred way would be to have a buildbot in the CMS to pull the data and publish the page.
> There was a lot of interest in download numbers in the past. I don't know if this is
still the case. But if so, I'm happy to help.

I think it would be great to have these stats continue to be
collected.  Or at the very least, get a dump of the historical stats.

What would we need to do to restore this?

> Peter

View raw message