incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: And idea for OOo
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2012 04:16:48 GMT
On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 12:09 AM, Larry Gusaas <larry.gusaas@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 2012-03-30 7:56 PM  Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 7:26 PM, Larry Gusaas<larry.gusaas@gmail.com>**
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I just corrected your inaccurate statement. "#1 is easy, and in fact is
>>> already done, via extensions."
>>>
>> The extension exists.  I linked to it.  The fact that a plugin only
>> supports Windows does not mean that it does not exist.
>>
> I never said it doesn't exist. Your statement "#1 is easy, and in fact is
> already done" implies that the extension is for all platforms. In fact,
> all the extensions I have installed are for all platforms.  Since this
> extension is only for  Windows it is obvious that #1 is not done.
>

>   It only means that the author thought it sufficient to support 90% of
>> the OpenOffice users who
>> run Windows.  In any case, it adequately demonstrates the point that
>> cloud storage can be handled by 3rd parties.
>>

> Quit trying to weasel out of admitting you made an erroneous statement.
> Having a Windows only statement means the point #1 is not done and not
> available for all platforms. Your statement indicates you don't care about
> Mac or Linux users. Of course, you do work for IBM.

Take a chill pill Larry.  I gave just one example.  I could have easily
given another one, any of these, that are cross platform and allows cloud
storage of documents:

http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/ooo2gd

http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/smartcloud

http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/alfrescoconnector

The fact remains that you are merely being argumentative, and have nothing
to offer to this conversation.

-Rob