incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSoC 2012 is coming
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:12:18 GMT
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 6:28 AM, eric b <eric.bachard@free.fr> wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> Le 16 mars 12 à 23:01, Rob Weir a écrit :
>

>> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi;

>>> Here are some ideas:
>>>

>> It looks like Apache was accepted in GSoC 2012.:
>>
>> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2012/apache
>>
>> Is anyone entering any proposals?
>

> I just proposed to become a mentor for Apache. Waiting for the answer  :-)
>
> If accepted, I'll propose several subjects.

It is a good idea to get your ideas listed ASAP. Students are already
browsing and asking questions.  I'm already talking to two students
about one of my ODF Toolkit ideas.

The proposal needs to get into JIRA and labeled "gsoc2012"  and
"mentor" if you are mentoring it. See what I have here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODFTOOLKIT-308

Since our project doesn't use JIRA, you would could add to the
Community Development JIRA.

The steps that were mailed out for signing up as a mentor are:

================

If you are planning to mentor a student for this year's Google Summer
of Code for a ASF project, please follow the following steps:

1) Sign-in/Register and obtain your Melange link_id from GSOC website
[1].  If you have previously registered you can find your link_id
under "My Profile". If this is your first time,  you will have to
first register and link your google account and obtain a link_id.

2) As a mandatory pre-requisite make sure your Apache ID and Melange
link_id are mapped in [2]

link for the same is [3]

Please don't do anything else yet, especially don't rate applications
when they start to coming in. We will inform you when to do that.

On-Behalf of gsoc-admins,
Suresh

[1] - http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2012
[2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/GsocLinkId.txt