incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Registration
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 00:43:58 GMT
On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 8:18 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Mar 20, 2012, at 4:43 PM, Rob Weir wrote:

>>> It ought to be possible to do a rewrite to go to say:
>>>
>>> www.openoffice.org/contributing.html (if en)
>>> www.openoffice.org/fr/contributing.html (if fr)
>>>
>>> We can then put contributing pages in English into each NL site. A first task
for NL volunteers can be to translate these to their own language.

>> Maybe done via Subversion symbolic links, so we can keep the English
>> version updated, at least until the point an NL group takes it over.
>
> Or perhaps externals, I think that would be a folder.
>
> We could have an apache, policy, or user directory - content/user/.
>
> With files like:
>
> registration.mdtext
> contributing.mdtext
> policy.mdtext
>
> The directory could be external in say French - content/fr/user/.
>
> The files registration.mdtext etc in that directory become like "branches", can be translated
and it would be possible to flag these changes for each NL team.

> I'll look for someone with svn superpowers like Joe to tell us if this is a good idea
or crazy.

Right. Especially if there are any weird interactions with externals
or symb links and the CMS. I suspect many of the NL contributors will
start with the CMS/patch route.

-Rob

> Regards,
> Dave