incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BZ] Disable the "release blocker" flag to be used only by everyone (was Re: [RELEASE] Bug 118098 - Text box filled with zeroes)
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 21:49:05 GMT
On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 4:34 PM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:
> In order prevent this cleanup task again and again (for the next weeks, new
> releases, etc.)
>
> -and-
>
> To take the discussions into this ML and out of our BZ.
>
> Is it possible to disable the "release blocker" flag for everyone's use?
> When only a few people can set the flag to "+" then we can discuss first on
> the ML and when we have consensus it will be set to "+".

Right now only those in the "relman" group can +grant or -deny the
"release blocker" flag.  There are only 8 people in that group right
now.

Anyone in the "canconfirm" group is able to request this flag.  Not
everyone is a member of "canconfirm".  There are only 559 members,
mainly those who had elevated permissions in the legacy BZ instance.
It also includes everyone with an Apache email address.

So I think we're doing what you are suggesting.  We're discussing the
bugs where someone has requested "release blocker" status, and then
decided whether to grant or deny that status.

> What do you think?

Discuss now, discuss later, it is all the same thing, right?

-Rob