incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BZ] Disable the "release blocker" flag to be used only by everyone (was Re: [RELEASE] Bug 118098 - Text box filled with zeroes)
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 22:30:58 GMT
On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:
> Am 03/02/2012 10:49 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
>
>> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 4:34 PM, Marcus (OOo)<marcus.mail@wtnet.de>  wrote:
>>>
>>> In order prevent this cleanup task again and again (for the next weeks,
>>> new
>>> releases, etc.)
>>>
>>> -and-
>>>
>>> To take the discussions into this ML and out of our BZ.
>>>
>>> Is it possible to disable the "release blocker" flag for everyone's use?
>>> When only a few people can set the flag to "+" then we can discuss first
>>> on
>>> the ML and when we have consensus it will be set to "+".
>>>

>> Right now only those in the "relman" group can +grant or -deny the
>> "release blocker" flag.  There are only 8 people in that group right
>> now.
>

> OK, then it was maybe just a subjective feeling that the flag was more
> stressed than necessary in the last few days/weeks. Or there is at least a
> difference between the "?" and the "+" / "-" status.

Many of us are working together for the first time.  So it is likely
that we don't even all agree on what a "release blocker" means.  If we
agreed on criteria, then I think there would be fewer issues like
this. But maybe having these discussions is how we converge on an
understanding of what a blocking issue is?

-Rob