incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Google Analytics on download.openoffice.org
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 13:02:22 GMT
On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 8:55 AM, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-03-23 at 08:43 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:

>> > Hi Rob
>> >
>> > Ok - but would like to see us decide how the data will be used and
>> > disseminated prior to setting this up.
>> >
>> > -1 on the request for the moment then.
>> >

>> So what is your exact objection to "run periodic reports and make them public"?
>
> None really - I would just like to cover a few things prior to launch
> and right now I need to focus on a couple of other tasks - given the way
> you worded the first request with a reference to lazy consensus and
> invoking a clock doesn't leave much wiggle room... so I figure it cuts
> both ways and I'm trying to turn off the clock for another day, two
> tops. I'll do my best to come back to this today.
>
> Is that OK with you.

OK.  That is fine. But remember, one reason we're trying to collect
this info is for mirror planning, to give SourceForge some info they
were seeking.  So this is 3.4-related as well.  If you want, we could
just go ahead with instrumentation of the download page, for that
purpose, and hold with that for now.

-Rob