incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BZ] Please change some default values when creating new issues
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 22:04:24 GMT
On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 5:11 PM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please can a BZ admin change the default version when creating new issue to
> a more senseful value?
>
> "version58" --> "AOO-dev" or "OOo 3.3"

What would you make the default?  Whichever you do, it will be wrong
for some bugs.  Maybe 3.3 makes more sense, since users of 3.4 dev
builds presumably can be trusted to override the default themselves.

In any case, there is no admin setting for default versions.  The
closest I've seen is setting versions via this QA form;

http://www.openoffice.org/qa/issue_handling/submission_gateway.html

I think adding a &version=foo to the submissions would set a default.
But in general that gateway form is in bad shape.  It is hardcoded a
lot of legacy default assignments that are incorrect.

This is a good project for someone who can give a couple of hours.

> Furthermore, the version item "AOO-dev" seems not available for all
> products. Could this be changed please?

Do you know off hand which ones are missing?  Or even better, if you
enter a defect in BZ classified under www/AOO Bugzilla, that will
ensure I don't forget your request.

Regards,

-Rob