incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is any one here familiar with OpenOffice?
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 19:48:38 GMT
On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> wrote:
> On 03/12/12 13:42, Rob Weir wrote:
>>

>> I'm not suggesting we argue with anyone.  I'm suggesting we make
>> truthful positive statements about this project and the experience
>> level of its participants.
>>

> FWIW, and just my humble opinion ...
>
> I don't think we should spend time discussing such arguments
> when we have the one instrument that defines the true
> continuation of the project, namely www.openoffice.org .

Oh, I'm sure we all have our own preferred ways of doing this.  The
nice thing is that they are not mutually exclusive. We only need to
agree to be accurate and positive.   We don't need to agree on a
narrow set of specific communications. Some volunteers might work
better with HTML, others with YouTube videos, others with graphics.
Let's find more ways of saying "yes and"  instead of "no, but".

-Rob