incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject AOO Web Logos?
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 18:34:09 GMT
What is the latest thinking on the AOO logos?

There is some great material on the wiki:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Application+Branding

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOOLogo+proposal

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Logo+Proposals

Drew did a lot of initial work here.   But it is not clear to me
whether we have a final recommendation, whether the work is ongoing,
etc.

If we have a design that is considered the one to go with, could
someone propose it as the official logo, so we can see if there are
any objections?  It would be good to get some closure on this.

Also, I'll feel a little artistic this week, after doing that timeline
;-).   So next I'd like to then take the logo design, and create two
variations that we can use to inform users about the 3.4 release.

-- a "coming soon" webpage/blog logo that project supporters may put
on their websites.  It would be linked to a page that we would host,
with FAQ's on AOO 3.4, including information on signing up for the
ooo-announce list, etc.

- a "get AOO" logo, also for supports to use on their own websites.
It would be linked to our download webpage on openoffice.org.

The nice thing about this approach (which is used by many other
projects) is we do not need to give blanket permission for anyone to
use our main logo for any purpose.  And we don't need to have them ask
permission for using our logo for these specific purposes. We provide
a special purpose logo to be used for these common things.

-Rob