incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSoC 2012 is coming
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:54:48 GMT
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 1:42 PM, eric b <eric.bachard@free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Le 19 mars 12 à 18:12, Rob Weir a écrit :
>

>> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 6:28 AM, eric b <eric.bachard@free.fr> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Rob,

>>> I just proposed to become a mentor for Apache. Waiting for the answer
>>>  :-)
>>>
>>> If accepted, I'll propose several subjects.
>>>

>> It is a good idea to get your ideas listed ASAP.
>

> Ok, then I'll do.
>

>> Students are already browsing and asking questions.  I'm already talking
>> to two students about one of my ODF Toolkit ideas.
>>

> Yes, they are fast  ;-)
>

>> The proposal needs to get into JIRA and labeled "gsoc2012"  and "mentor"
>> if you are mentoring it. See what I have here:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODFTOOLKIT-308
>>

> Reading, thanks.
>

>> Since our project doesn't use JIRA, you would could add to the Community
>> Development JIRA.
>>

> Sorry, I'm not sure I got what you mean  :-/
>
> What shall I do ?

JIRA is here:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

(Some Apache projects use JIRA, some like AOO use Bugzilla, but the
GSoC issues all need to be in JIRA)

Create an account if you don't already have one. Put your idea into
JIRA, assigned to the "Community Development" project.  The target
audience is the student, so put your proposal right into a new issue.
And then label the issue with "mentor" and "gsoc2012".   A view based
on those labels is used to show the students the available projects
from Apache.

-Rob