incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AOO for Debian
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 00:41:35 GMT
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 8:36 PM, Claudio Filho <filhocf@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2012/3/14 imacat <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw>
>
>> I have brought this issue into:
>>

>> http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-openoffice@lists.debian.org/msg28484.html
>>
>> Anyone would like to follow up?
>>

> I have interesting in this question, Imacat.
>
> In other list - the debian-publicity, when i did a infographic of Debian
> and its funcionalities[1], was asked why[2] i used the gulls and not the
> paper (of LibO), and i reply[3] that i believe that AOO will returns.
> [1]http://claudiocomputing.wordpress.com/infographic-of-debian/
> [2]http://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/2011/12/msg00059.html
> [3]http://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/2011/12/msg00060.html
>
> As i help in l10n of Debian too, i asked for some debian developers about
> this question, of return AOO/OOo to Debian. The reply was to get a stable
> version and continuity in the devel more the said point by Imacat about the
> compatibility in FHS and the legal questions that, in my opinion, is in a
> good way.

OK.  This is good info.  I brought up the question, but I know it is
not reasonable for AOO 3.4.  But if we can find a volunteer to help
in this area, then this is a real possibility for AOO 4.0, or even an
intermediate release, like a 3.4.1 if we want.

To me the interesting point was that there was some user demand for this choice.