incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <>
Subject Re: Nominate release blocker: 118999 - Leap year not correctly calculated
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2012 15:12:36 GMT
On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 9:21 AM, Pedro Giffuni <> wrote:
> Hello;
> --- Sab 3/3/12, Andrea Pescetti <> ha scritto:
>> Issue 118999 is about a bug in an
>> integrated CWS, that fails to understand 29/2/2000
>> correctly:
>> It is a regression with respect to OOo 3.3.0 and has a
>> trivial fix, posted by Pedro (thanks!).
>> The fix should definitely be integrated in 3.4.
> Looking at this issue:
> I got to the conclusion that this is a long standing
> bug that has been mutating for some time.
> I think that the fix is safe and I would have just
> gone ahead and committed it if we weren't so near a
> release. Of course I have been breaking the build
> more than once lately so I am sure some self-discipline
> from my side during these days is appreciated ;-).
> In any case, I don't think this is technically a
> release blocker but I think we could just apply it.

Are we sue that fixing this bug doesn't bring in another bug?  I'd
worry that there is other code compensating for this bug and that
fixing in one place introduces a new bug.   Are we wiling to retest
all date-related calculations, including financial functions, date
arithmetic, etc.,

I'd be far more confident if we had a test document that did a
comprehensive test of date calculations, including leap year

> Thanks for looking at the bug and patch!
> Pedro.

View raw message