incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice Credits?
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 21:52:43 GMT
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Raphael Bircher <rbircher@apache.org> wrote:
> Am 13.03.12 22:18, schrieb Rob Weir:
>> The "about" box in the dev snapshots says:
>>
>> "Apache OpenOffice acknowledges all community members, especially
>> those mentioned at http://www.openoffice.org/welcome/credits.html"
>>
>> But that page has not been updated.
>>
>> Was this page just manually updated, or do we generate it from some data file?
>>
>> What criteria do we use for inclusion?
> As I know, this is only a list of people who field a SCA (Sun Copyright
> Agreement) but I'm not 100% sure. I'm not there for exemple.

So what do we have for AOO?

- We have a list of committers

- We have another list of people who have signed ICLAs and indicated
they were interested in AOO.

- We have a list of everyone who has committed to Subversion.  This is
a subset of the committers.  Due to our use of Subversion, any patch
by a 3rd party would need to be applied and committed via a committer.

- We have a list of everyone who as contributed bug reports

- We have a list of forum volunteers

- We have a list of everyone who as contributed to maintaining the
website, the wikis, etc., both project members and Apache Infra (and
now Source Forge as well)

- We have a list of everyone who subscribes or posts to the mailing lists

So it takes a lot of people to make a project like this succeed.
Listing them all would be great.  Trying to list them all, but
failing, would risk offending those that we leave out.

So I think my emerging preference is to list everyone, or to list no
one, but make a generic statement thanking the "many volunteers who
have made this release possible" or similar.

-Rob