incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Nominate release blocker: 118999 - Leap year not correctly calculated
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2012 22:11:46 GMT
On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> The reported bug is about a date conversion error on loading of a stored ODP file.  It
appears from the description that the conversion fails and a serial-date number of 0 results.

> If it can be confirmed that the error is localized to that case, the fix has to be benign.
 This would be unrelated to whether or not there are other defects involving serial-date
numbers that correspond to the leap days on any calendar.

I was hoping that OO did not have several independent places where
leap year logic was coded, some with bugs, some without.  But if it
the case that this bug is only in the data input and conversion logic
and not in the calculation logic, then great.   But I think that would
need to come from analysis of the code dependencies, not analysis of
the defect report.

Hopefully we agree that understanding the scope of the bug is a real
good thing here,

-Rob