incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is any one here familiar with OpenOffice?
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 15:48:39 GMT
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Armin <Armin.Le.Grand@me.com> wrote:
> Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:
>> On 12 Mar 2012, at 12:50, Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>>> I jest,of course.
>>>
>>> But seriously, there are some claiming that "all" of the
>>> OpenOffice.org project went over to LibreOffice and that the Apache
>>> has zero experience with this code base.  I know this sounds crazy,
>>> but how can we best refute that statement?
>>
>> Out of interest, where have you seen that statement from an authoritative
>> source? The former community seems spread between the AOO project and
>> LibreOffice to me, and all the comments I have seen (and made) occupy that reality.
>
> This is what was in the press, but... Just think about that 3/4 of the
> developers (I write developers here by purpose) were Sun employees and none
> of them changd over...

They play other games with the numbers. For example, engineers who
worked on the Novell fork are now called "core" developers from
OpenOffice.org, but engineers who worked on the Symphony fork are not
counted at all.  So by cherry picking who they count as a "core"
developer they can make up what ever number they want.