incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AOO timeline of accomplishments
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 02:47:37 GMT
On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Mar 2012 17:09:33 -0500
> Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>> > I am working on a blog post that will feature a timeline showing what
>> > we have accomplished since the project has started.  Obviously a
>> > timeline is based on dates and events.  The ones have so far are here.
>
> You might perhaps enter dates (even approximate) for Commencement of IP clearance and
Completion of IP clearance. I remind you that this timeline may be viewed by the unskilled,
so terms such as IP and Pootle need some explanation.

Interesting idea.  I made the copyleft removal be an extent rather
than just indicate the points.  See the revised version here:

http://www.robweir.com/AOO.png

One of the memes about this project that you hear is that we spent an
exorbitant amount of time just removing copyleft components.  This
puts it in perspective and shows that we spent relatively little time
doing that.

-Rob