incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is any one here familiar with OpenOffice?
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 16:22:06 GMT
On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 12:15 PM, Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 11:57:00 -0400
> Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Simon Phipps
>> <simon@webmink.com> wrote:

>> > It's far from it Rob. It's a polite and serious question.
>> > No-one I know doubts the experience of the former
>> > OpenOffice.org developers who joined this project, so I am
>> > rather surprised to see you asserting otherwise. Hence I'm
>> > respectfully asking where your assertion that:
>> >

>> And that was my polite and serious response, Simon.  I'm sorry
>> if you saw it otherwise.
>
> There have been a number of (ill-informed) posts to that effect
> on the User Forum, which I'm too busy to look up.
>
> I think Rob's overall point is good, that we need to emphasise the
> continuing OpenOffice.org experience and community available on
> the Apache project, without disrespect to the LibreOffice/TDF
> communities. We should mend fences; if that is not immediately
> possible, we shouldn't be erecting other barriers.

Exactly.  Anyone can find a dozen examples of this if they spend 5
minutes in Google.  It is not a challenge.

My intent is not an expose on the source of this FUD. I'm not accusing
anyone or any group.  I just want to collect the facts and publish
them in some memorable form for reference.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

-Rob