incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Distribution of Windows versions
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 17:25:51 GMT
On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Fernand Vanrie <sos@pmgroup.be> wrote:

>  Rob ,
>
> Interesting, do you have also figures about the differences in OS :
>  Windows versus Linux or Mac etc..

There were some numbers posted on that a few weeks ago.  These charts show
the MirrorBrain downloads of OpenOffice, from February:

http://www.openoffice.org/marketing/marketing_bouncer.html

So, 90% Windows,  6% Mac, 3% Linux.

But note this is not necessarily the same distribution as the overall user
base.  Some ports, like BSD and OS/2 are distributed on other web sites, so
they are not counted here.  And some derivatives of OOo are included in the
Linux distros directly, so are not reflected in these numbers.

-Rob