incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: press announcement for AOO 3.4
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 15:54:48 GMT
On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 4:19 AM, Jörg Schmidt <joesch@j-m-schmidt.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I think in particular this AOO (Apache OpenOffice) more at the market, or in public,
must be present.

> Because now the release/publication of the final version of Apache OpenOffice 3.4 approaches
it is a matter press announcements to prepare for it.

> 1.
> Is an international press announcement already in preparation?
> This would be good as a basis for national or local press announcements.
>
> 2.
> How is the "Lazy Consensus" for national or local press announcements?
> I think that this in the national communities must be created, because national particularities
are to be considered (i mean in the minds of local users).

Apache has some rules and restrictions related to press releases,
etc., from podlings under incubation.   See this page:

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html

My reading of this is we cannot just assume "lazy consensus" but we
need to reach out to press@apache.org and coordinate with them on any
formal publicity activities.

However, there are also a range of informal activities that do not
require this additional review, like blog posts, announcements to the
ooo-announce list, social media campaigns, etc.  These could be
discussed on the list.

-Rob