incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is any one here familiar with OpenOffice?
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 15:38:00 GMT
On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:

> On 12 Mar 2012, at 12:50, Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> I jest,of course.
>>
>> But seriously, there are some claiming that "all" of the
>> OpenOffice.org project went over to LibreOffice and that the Apache
>> has zero experience with this code base.  I know this sounds crazy,
>> but how can we best refute that statement?
>
> Out of interest, where have you seen that statement from an authoritative source? The
former community seems spread between the AOO project and LibreOffice to me, and all the comments
I have seen (and made) occupy that reality.

I'm trying to make this a positive statement about the deep experience
AOO members have with this code and this project. I'll decline your
attempt to divert the conversation.

-Rob