incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Registration
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 12:30:25 GMT
Hi Tobias,

Thanks for the report on the registration page.  This outage is
intentional. We are no longer doing user registration with
OpenOffice.org.  Our next release will remove this option so you do
not get that error message.

The closes thing to "registration" we have is a mailing list that
users can sign up for to receive updates from the project,such as
announcements of new releases.   If you want to subscribe to this
list, send an email to:   ooo-announce-subscribe@incubator.apache.org.

Regards,

-Rob

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 1:19 AM, Tobias Cortese
<tobiascortese@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> The registration link for OpenOffice brings up an error page. Here's the link and error
message:
> https://registration2.services.openoffice.org/RegistrationWeb/register/urn:st:e7251802-3c52-4e08-a74f-a22eca7458ff?product=OpenOffice.org&locale=en&cid=926117
> This webpage is not availableThe server at registration2.services.openoffice.org can't
be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's
name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the
Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or
a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.Here are some suggestions:Reload
this webpage later.Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network
devices you may be using.Check your DNS settings. Contact your network administrator if you're
not sure what this means.Try disabling network prediction by following these steps: Go to
the wrench menu > Preferences > Under the Hood and deselect "Predict network actions
to improve page load performance." If this does not resolve the issue, we recommend selecting
this option again for improved performance.Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your
firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting
it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.If you use a proxy server, check
your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is
working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings:
Go to Applications > System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Proxies and deselect
any proxies that have been selected.Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): Unable to resolve
the server's DNS address.Please let me know where I can go to register my product.Thanks,Tobias